Musical heavyweights like Pink, Ed Sheeran and Lady Gaga are uniting to celebrate the timeless songs of Elton John and Bernie Taupin for upcoming tribute album Revamp and Restoration.
The two-disc LP, set for release April 6, will feature appearances from artists that run the gamut of genres – including Coldplay, Miley Cyus, The Killers, Mary J. Blige, Dolly Parton, and Mumford and Sons. Both John and his longtime songwriting partner were heavily involved in the creative process and selection of artists in the album – making choices that reflect of each of their own musical preferences.
“Restoration was Bernie’s project, and he’s a huge country fan,” John said in a statement. “On Revamp, I wrote out a wish list of people that I would love and asked them, and to my surprise, most of them said yes, and we have quite an astonishing eclectic crew.”
Eclectic crew, indeed. Revamp is set to feature the likes of Alessia Cara, Lady Gaga, Florence + The Machine, Sam Smith, Queens of the Stone Age and Ed Sheeran among others. It will include reworkings of 13 classic John hits like “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” “Your Song,” “Tiny Dancer” and “Candle in the Wind.” Restoration stays primarily in the country genre, recruiting artists such as Little Big Town, Maren Morris, Chris Stapleton and Miranda Lambert to lend their voices. Country legends Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson also appear, as does Vince Gill, who takes on “Sacrifice” with current Eagles tour mate Don Henley.
This is not the first time a wide array of artists have gathered to honor John. He was the subject of a special Grammy salute concert in January, which featured performances from many of the same artists taking part in the tribute album, including Morris, Smith, Cyrus, and Little Big Town.
The project’s announcement fittingly comes at the sunset of John’s fifty-year career. In recent months he confirmed the end of his long-running Las Vegas residency show “Million Dollar Piano,” and shocked the music world by announcing a three-year, 300-date farewell tour to mark the end of his performing days.
— Elton John (@eltonofficial) March 15, 2018
See complete track lists for the two-disc set below. Revamp and Restoration are out April 6.
Revamp Track List
1. “Bennie and the Jets” – Elton John, P!nk, Logic
2. “We All Fall in Love Sometimes” – Coldplay
3. “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” – Alessia Cara
4. “Candle in the Wind” – Ed Sheeran
5. “Tiny Dancer “- Florence And The Machine
6. “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” – Mumford and Sons
7. “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word” – Mary J. Blige
8. “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” – Q Tip feat. Demi Lovato
9. “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” – The Killers
10. “Daniel” – Sam Smith
11. “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” – Miley Cyrus
12. “Your Song” – Lady Gaga
13. “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” – Queens of the Stone Age
Restoration Track List
1. “Rocket Man” – Little Big Town
2. “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” – Maren Morris
3. “Sacrifice” – Don Henley and Vince Gill
4. “Take Me to the Pilot” – Brothers Osborne
5. “My Father’s Gun” – Miranda Lambert
6. “I Want Love” – Chris Stapleton
7. “Honky Cat” – Lee Ann Womack
8. “Roy Rogers” – Kacey Musgraves
9. “Please” – Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton
10. “The Bitch Is Back” – Miley Cyrus
11. “Sad Songs (Say So Much)” – Dierks Bentley
12. “This Train Don’t Stop” – Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris
13. “Border Song” – Willie Nelson